|Currently we have a virtual small group that has 8 members who have been meeting since September 2019. The group meets Wednesday evenings at 9 p.m. Each member watches the video teaching/content ahead of time on the TVCC website or TVCC church app. Then, they utilize Facebook Messenger’s group audio call feature to connect and talk through the discussion questions as well as share prayer requests. This has worked great for them.|
Below are instructions on how to connect virtually as a group when you are unable to all meet together in a physical location.
To utilize Messenger for your small group:
1. Every household/member represented will need to have Facebook/Messenger installed on their SMART phone. (If you don’t have it, it’s a free download from the Google play store and the Apple App store).
2. In Messenger, the group leader will need to create a new message or Chat by clicking on the pencil and paper icon in the top right corner.
3. In the search box, type the name(s) of the people who you would like to join the call and the screen will populate with suggested names.
4. Check the circle beside the names of people you want to join the group call/chat.
5. Click Done at the top right corner.
6. At the top right of your screen, click the telephone Icon.
7. People will start receiving and answering the call and joining the group chat. (Your screen will display who is being called and who has joined the conversation)
8. Enjoy your Virtual Small Group time!!
If your group is not as tech savvy or doesn’t have the technology to do a video/audio chat via Messenger, this website offers a free conference call option to phone in. It will be a long distance number most likely.
How to use:
- Sign up for an account HERE
- Share the dial-in number and access code with your group
- Everyone call in at the agreed upon meeting time, enter your access code, and enjoy your time together!